For me it is an evergreen snack irrespective of any season or occasion.I experience a sudden increase in my appetite whenever I sight them. It is a very easy crispy snack or an appetizer to make that is yummy too and is capable of grabbing the lime light in any party or an occasion.This dish is a traditional deep fried dish from Maharashtra eaten along with green chutney or tamarind chutney accompanied by hot tea or chai.
- 3 cups boiled and mashed potatoes
- 1 cup soaked sabudana/sago (tapioca pearls)
- 1 tbsp green chilies chopped finely
- 1 tbsp ginger chopped finely
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
- 2 tbsp crushed groundnuts/peanuts
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice or amchur powder (dry mango powder) to taste
- Oil for frying
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned above except oil together and form like a dough.
- Divide the mixture into equal size balls as per the size you want.
- Grease your palm with oil or you may also wet your palms with water as the mixture turns out to be sticky. Roll each ball into the shape of your choice either oblong,round or patti like.
- Deep fry them in medium to high heat till they are golden and crisp.
- Serve them hot along with the chutney or dip of your choice.
SAVOUR THE TASTE OF THESE CRUNCHY VADAS TILL I AM BACK WITH A NEW RECIPE……..TILL THEN HAPPY COOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!