Stuffed besan cheela is quiet similar to the recipe of Stuffed Moong Dal Cheela(Dehusked Green gram Savoury Pancakes) discussed in my previous post. The only difference lies in the use of besan(chickpea flour) .The stuffing too is different as I have used lots of vegetables in their best form.I personally feel it is an excellent from of incorporating veggies in a diet and the addition of vegetables make this dish even more wholesome and delicious too.This again is a low carbohydrate dish and can be easily included in a veg keto diet.
For the cheela or pan cake
- 1/2 cup besan/chick pea flour
- 1/2 carom seed(ajwain) or cumin
- Red chili powder to taste
- salt to taste
For the stuffing
- Here I have used mixed vegetables like carrots,green beans,capsicum,onion and green coriander and green chilies along with some grated cottage cheese.You can use the stuffing of your choice and can be as creative as you feel like.Hence , I have not specified and quantity of the veggies used for stuffing.
- Chutney powder/chaat masala can be used for extra spicy taste.
- Mix all the ingredients of the cheela and prepare a lump free pouring batter by adding water little by little at a time.Rest the batter for 10 minutes before preparing cheelas.
- Meanwhile toss the vegetables in little oil in a pan till veggies soften a bit.
- Preheat tawa / griddle.
- Pour a ladle full of batter on a pre heated and greased tawa.Spread it into a thin layer by moving the ladle in circular motion.
- Spread some stuffing over the cheela along with some grated cottage cheese.For extra flavor sprinkle some chaat masala/chutney powder.
- Drizzle some oil and cook on medium heat till its edges turn brown and crispy.
- Fold it into half and serve hot along with the chutney of your choice or can be eaten without chutney too.It tastes equally good.
ENJOY AND HAPPY COOKING TILL I AM BACK……………………………………………………………….