Mushrooms tastes best when they are not overloaded with spices and they turn divine when they are combined with cheese and cream.The dish I am unfolding here is a dish inspired by Italian cuisine from the region of Tuscany.The dishes in Italy are regional specific and are made from the fresh ingredients available.The style of cooking is very simple without using any elaborate creations and seasonings and the idea behind is to bring out the natural flavors in dish.The basic ingredients like onion,garlic ,cheese and olive oil are used in this dish.Mostly these dishes are served along with pastas or breads but I have given a slight twist by serving it along with saffron flavored rice and this resulted in a beautiful amalgamation of flavors.To experience this union of flavors you need to try out the dish for yourself and so we need to jump to the recipe given below.
Also checkout some more in mushroom recipes.
- Matar Mushroom Curry
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Mushroom Omelette
- Egg and Mushroom korma
- Spinach & Cheese stuffed Mushrooms
- Spinach,Mushroom and Cheese Stuffed Grilled Sandwich
Serves : 4
For the creamy cheesy mushrooms
- 400 gm button mushrooms
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3-4 green chilies sliced
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Salt to taste
- Rosemary or any herb of your choice
- 1 tsp Crushed black pepper
- Chili flakes(optional)
- Butter/olive oil
For saffron rice
- 2 cup long grain basmati rice soaked in water for an hour or any rice available to you
- Pinch of saffron soaked in 1/2 cup of warm milk
- 2-3 green cardamom crushed
- 3-4 tbsp clarified butter or ghee
Creamy cheesy mushrooms
- Cut mushrooms into half or quarters depending upon the size.
- Heat oil in a pan and quickly saute the mushrooms and bring them off the heat just before they start sweating.
- In the same pan add some more oil or butter and cook onions till translucent.
- Add in the garlic and chilies and cook till raw smell goes away.
- Toss in the sauteed mushrooms.
- Add in cream and mix well.
- Season with rosemary,salt and black pepper.
- Mix in cheese and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot along with saffron rice and enjoy the amalgamation of flavors in your mouth.
- Cook soaked rice in enough water along with crushed cardamoms till it is 90 % cooked.Drain the excess water .Top the rice with saffron soaked in milk and drizzle some ghee or clarified butter .Cover with the lid and cook further till done.For more details check out the following link KFC Style Rice,Veg Biryani Awadhi Style,Awadhi Mutton Biryani
Tips & Tweaks:
- If you find the gravy little thin ,you may add 1 tsp of cornflour dissolved in water .You may also add 1 tbsp of all purpose flour while cooking onions before adding cream just like in bechamel sauce and can adjust the consistency of the gravy.However most of the time it is not needed and the consistency of the gravy turns out to be perfect.
Enjoy !!! ………………………….and Happy Cooking !!!